Quess East Bengal FC fails to take advantage of 10-men Gokulam Kerala FC!

Published by Sabyasachi C on

Last Updated 10:34 PM 3rd March 2020 .

Another day and yet another drawn match for Quess East Bengal FC as they failed to take advantage over 10 men Gokulam Kerala FC for over 35 minutes in the second half as the game ended in an 1-1 draw at the EMS Stadium today.

The game started on a frantic pace as Gokulam Kerala FC went all out to get the first goal. Coach Mario Rivera started with Gurwinder Singh and Mehtab Singh as the centre-back pairing and it took just 10 mintures for the home team to take the lead. Marcus Joseph won a loose ball from Gurwinder Singh, who fell over and injured himself, to run past and put in a thunderous strike which found the back of the net past Mirshad, who could have done much better with the attempt.

Gurwinder Singh had to be taken off and was driven away to the medical facilities by the ambulance. Rohlupuia replaced him and Kassim dropped back to partner Mehtab as the centre-back.

The Gokulam Kerala side looked dangerous and could have been 3-0 up within 20 mintures but thanks to heroics from Mirshad, the lead was contained to just a single goal.

The Red and Gold brigade slowly came back into the game and through solo efforts of Spanish winger Juan Mera, was awarded a penalty. Victor Perez Alonso made no mistake to put it in the back of the net from the spot as Quess East Bengal FC equalised in the 24th minute.

After the break, the game was poised in the midfield when suddenly Gokulam Kerala FC left back Naocha Singh made an error and pulled Juan Mera from behind as he went past him. He was given marching orders for his second booking of the game and Quess East Bengal FC had more 40 minutes to take advantage of the situation.

The Red and Gold brigade did come close twice but struck the post in both the occasions but didn’t find the winning goal. Victor Perez’s effort from outside the box struck the top corner of the bar while Juan Mera’s solo effort struck the crosspiece and went out.

The home team slowly got accustomed to the 10-men shape and put in some efforts in the last minutes to grab a winner for themselves. They almost got the winner as they put the ball in the back of the net but the linesman put his flag up indicating an offside which could be termed “controversial”.

Haroon Amiri got in an altercation with the match referee Tejas Nagvenkar and was given marching orders with just 2 minutes left to play. The 9-men Gokulam Kerala FC held on to the scoreline as both teams shared the points. Quess East Bengal FC linger on to the 4th spot with the draw with 20 points, with 5 more matches remaining of the campaign.


Leave a Reply

Copy link
Powered by Social Snap