In Review 2019: East Bengal’s year In numbers!
Last Updated 1:26 AM 29th December 2019 .
East Bengal FC have ended the year on a high as they sit currently at the top of the I-League table with 8 points from 4 matches.
They have spent the entire 2019 by losing just once in the I-League, against eventual champions Chennai City FC away at Coimbatore on 14th January, 2019.
Let us look at the numbers and stats that defined East Bengal FC for the calendar year 2019:
- 29 – Total matches played in all competitions
- 19 – Number of wins in all competitions
- 56 – Total goals scored overall
- 4 – Number of defeats in all competitions
- 24 – Total goals conceded overall
- 15 – Total matches played in I-League
- 10 – Number of wins in I-League
- 28 – Total goals scored in I-League
- 1 – Just a single defeat in I-League
- 16 – Most number of goals scored by an East Bengal player in 2019 in all competitions: Jaime Santos Colado
- 6 – Most number of goals scored in I-League, jointly held by: Jaime Santos Colado, Enrique Esqueda and Laldanmawia Ralte
- 8 – Most goals scored in a calendar year by an Indian player: Bidyashagar Singh
- 7 – Most number of assists in all competitions in 2019: Lalrindika Ralte
- 4 – Most number of cleansheets by a goalkeeper in I-League: Rakshit Dagar
Overall, 2019 would have been a great year for East Bengal if they had managed to win the I-League which they missed out by a single point. They also lost out at the Durand Semi final through penalty shootouts.
With 8 points in the bag in 4 matches, team East Bengal would like to have a much better 2020 and get hold of the coveted I-League trophy in April.